Continuing Thoughts on the Joys of Summer
Since writing yesterday’s post, I have been thinking more about all the things I love to do in Seattle. In fact I moved to Pacific Northwest because I had such fond memories of summers spent up here. Well actually, I moved up here because we could get jobs and find affordable housing, but Seattle was a contender also because of all that it offers.
So here is a list of some of my favorite summer activities. Please chime in so we can help each other have a truly amazing, inspiring and nourishing summer. I have included some links,
- Berry picking at Harvolds Farm
- Watching Firework Displays
- Beach combing and tide-pooling
- Concerts in the park at ZooTunes, Chateau St. Michell, or Marymoore Park
- Bike Riding on the Burke-Gilman Trail
- Swimming at Lincoln Park Pool in West Seattle
- Mountain Biking
- Kayaking or canoeing in the Mercer Slough or Lake Union
- Sailing on Lake Union – Center for Wooden Boats
- Sailing on the Sound – Shilshoe Marina
- Watching boating activity – so many beach parks abound on Lakes and the Sound
- Hiking – So many trails on the I90 corridor you could go to a different one every day of summer and not get bored.
- Check out local islands – Vashon, Bainbridge, Whidbey
- Check out further islands – Orcas, San Juan, Shaw, etc
- Camping – Mt. Baker, Mt. Rainer, Cascade Wilderness, Olympics
- Hanging out at the beach – Ocean Shores, Olympic Peninsula, Shi Shi, Cannon Beach in Oregon
- Ferris Wheel on the the Seattle waterfront
- Yoga for Hope – outdoor yoga at the Seattle Center for City of Hope
- Wanderlust – Multi-day yoga and music event offered this year in Whistler, BC
- Meditating while sitting in the dunes by the beach, or next to a river
- Yoga on the beach
Okay, this is enough to get everyone started. Off to meditate, work in my garden and study yoga. Perfect day.
Shalom & Namaste
You forgot Whitewater Rafting! The Wenatchee, the Skykomish, and the Skagit are all great places to start around the Seattle area!
How could I forget that? Thanks for the quick link